Monday, September 3, 2012

Ironing board cover and padding.

Sometime last year I was talking about making an ironing board cover…well, it’s finally here. It was fun to make and I am very happy with the outcome. Here are a few pics…By the way this was the 1st of two projects that I started today. The top is cut out, but I am too tired (or lazy) to start. You need clear elastic, I think I have some but want to double check. Anyway check out my cover…let me know what you think!!! I used the following: Insulated Fabric (Insul-Brite) Cotton Batting Silver Ironing Board Lining (I got tan) Some bias tape that I had Some elastic that I had hanging around I used the original cover as a guide... Here is what it looked like before...gross I know...
I traced the batting and insulated fabric from the original padding that came with the ironing board.
For the cover I added a good amount of fabric all around the sides for that fabric.
Bias tape was sewn all around and I inserted the elastic to the piece.
Here it is on the board.
I also had a helper, who just got in the way...lol...

No comments:

Post a Comment