Sunday, April 21, 2013

My jeans journey...

Hi, here is the 1st of my jeans journey. The very 1st pair of jeans that I made were back in the very early '80s. I do recall wearing them a few times, but get even remember what pattern was used. Here I am using McCall's 9233. I've had this for years. It's one of the single sized patterns by Palmer/Pletsch.

The pattern was cut straight from the package. I wanted to see how the fit was. This pattern has 1" SA at the waistband, side seams and inseam.
McCall's 9233

I left the waistband at 5/8" SA and did the full inch for the inseam and an 1.25" for the outside seam. I also added an 1" to the length.

A few issues...there were a tad bit too baggy in the back. With this pattern they give you vertical lines in the back for tucks. The 2nd issue is, the front comes under my bust, like old man pants or mommy jeans...lol

Here is what I've done so far.







I am going to do these again, but with the following changes.
  1. back tucks for the jeans back and the yoke
  2. add about 2" for length
  3. lower the rise about 3"
  4. making the fly one piece. This drove me crazy the 1st time and who's going to know anyway?



I will post the finished product. Getting these done today!!!

1 comment:

  1. Your sewing and finish look great - pity thgey are too high, but you did make them to see what issues you would have. I guess if you wear a long top over them, no-one will know about the high waist. I agree about the fly front - I often do the same - also, less bulk over the tummy area - putting a fly shield in adds more layers and who needs that?

    ReplyDelete