Thursday, November 16, 2017

Seamwork's Sadie...The Structured Sweatshirt

Hi there… I am in love with Seamwork’s Sadie. I did say to myself no more PDFs, but this one is fast and easy and fun to sew. I’ve made two already. The first one is from houndstooth that I have no clue where or when I got it. It was in my stash, so it’s got used. I am trying to sew down my growing stash.

The second one is a sweater knit from a local fabric store. After I washed and dried it, there was an irregularity, but I was able to cut around it.

I love this top for a few reasons. It got me out of my slump. Also, it was fast and easy. I took my time, but I think it could be completed in about 90 minutes. I am not a fast sewer. I press as I go along.

I want a few more in some sweatshirt fleece and a few in a sweater knit.

For the sizing, I went with the finished measurements that put me in an XL. There is a lot of ease on this top. I also added ¾” to the bicep and shaved a bit off the sleeve cap. Don’t know why I did that last modification, but it worked.

Thanks and happy sewing!!!

 #2 From the sweater knit
#1 From the houndstooth from stash



No comments:

Post a Comment