Monday, June 22, 2015

Sewcation starts today....

I have a week off from work, starting June 22 to June 26. I return to work Monday at 7AM on June 29.....booo....hooo....

Anyway, I said I would make this one count. On Saturday night I cut out 6 pair of undies…
I used two patterns; the first one was UnMentionables Worth Mentioning #112 from Pamela’s Patterns. The view that I used were the No VPL” undies – low cut. They are made with stretch lace trim. The widths vary on the pattern: 5.5, 5.5 and 7.5 wide lace. These are printed on the pattern piece. My lace varied between those size, but I made them work. I traced the original pattern and drew lines between the already printed on the pattern.

Now, from what I saw online for this type of panty the prices weren’t that high. I ordered my lace and other extras. My extras were for my girdles, I make my own girdles…They get you on the shipping and handling.
For the Pamela’s Patterns, they were fast to cut out and fun to make. I have to be honest I thought this style of underwear would be uncomfortable…but they are so comfy you don’t even feel them on. I made 5 pair of these. My first pair I put on right away. I have to admit I was giggling the entire time. Don’t know why…I thought it was funny.

There are other styles for PP #112. She includes a cami illusion, smoothing slips (half-slip), there three types of panties. The lace, they come in high and low cut. There is also a full cut version. I plan on making these soon.  

Overall, there are no VPL, in my opinion they sort of ride up a bit. Not uncomfortable, maybe it’s my big butt…but they are comfy.

Now for my favorite pair: Jalie 2568. I’ve had this in my hoard for a few years. I did order two wide widths of the stretch lace. This style makes you cut two on the fold. What I did was make one pattern piece, laid the fabric double and cut once….OMG this were the fastest and the best fitting. I made the largest size and they fit nice. UMMMM your butt will hang out but they are really comfy. And there are also no panty lines.
I will make these again. They were SUPER fast.

Here are the pics below.....

Happy sewing....




No comments:

Post a Comment