Thursday, March 12, 2015

My quest…pants that fit!!!

I am on a mission to sew a pair of pants that fit me. I’ve made them in the past but since my weight gain it’s been a bit harder to fit.

I own several books and DVDs on pattern fitting for pant, but never seriously read any of them. I also have pants drafting kits.

So I’ve decided to work on B6071 by Connie Crawford. I’ve used B5222, but quickly gave up.

Let me get started…I cut the 1X that is according to my hip measurements.

Alterations I made:
1. lowered the center back seam by 1”;
2. lowered the center front by 1”;
3. added 1” to length;
4. added 3” to the front at the thigh down to the knee.

I will do muslin for one side only to check for fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment