Sunday, March 8, 2015

Cough, cough...whew this blog is dusty….I am trying to break my sewing slump…I am getting there slowly, but surely.

I love this McCall’s 2111, which is out of print. Here is my second version of this!

Viva Hatchi Sweater Knit Ikat Blue: this was purchased from fabric.com back in September 2012. I got 2 yards for a little less than 7.00. The fabric content is: polyester/rayon/lycra. I am so loving this pattern, it’s fast and easy, instant gratification for me. Still trying to get out of my slump…I am getting there.

I had an issue with the sleeve cap. I wanted to make sure I matched the patterns. As you can see here I had to piece a bit on both of the sleeve. If you glance at it I don’t think you can tell. There was no way I was going to waste this fabric.

This took just about my two yard with little waste….yay for me. I think if I made a tank/cami it would have been too bulky.

I also hand hemmed the entire piece. I am happy with the final result. Thanks for looking and happy sewing!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment