It’s October 6, 2013 and I am still sewing the last of a summer shirt. I found some nice cotton in my stash. Could be cotton lawn, its nice light-weight, sheer-ish fabric. Even though summer is over I am going to wear it anyway. I will need to wear a cami under it!
Since the last time I posted, I’ve only sewn about 6 skirts +/-; two-2-piece dresses and 4 tops/shirts.
I did manage to make a few pieces of jewelry, but other than that I’ve been lazy. I get in a rut and seem to not be able to dig myself out of it.
I am on a mission…
1. Do digital detox; I spend too much time on sewing sites and review sites and should be sewing;
2. I did go on a fabric/pattern diet and I am happy with that;
3. I will stop joining challenges that I can’t meet. Not enough hours in the day for me to participate. I feel like a failure when I can’t complete them. But they are fun; maybe I will just challenge myself;
4. I have dozens of sewing books, I plan to read one a month from cover to cover;
5. I also have a problem of choosing, sometimes, the wrong fabric for the pattern. I want to increase my fabric knowledge. I have a few books on fabric;
6. Lastly, maybe organize my fabric stash….lol. Like that will happen!