Monday, March 11, 2013

1st Item for MIXING IT UP MARCH Challenge!!

Hey...it's finished! This was a coat that was cut out and stashed in a shopping bag for about a year. It was completed over the weekend and I am glad it's done. I am participating on www.sewmuchtalent.com sewing challenge.

There is going to be a prize given away! At the end of the challenge will be a pair of .925 sterling silver crystal earrings. Which will be hand crafted!

I got this fabric from a neighborhood store. It could have been about 1.99 per yard. Anyway, I had every intention of sewing it way back when.

I used Butterick 4865, I did view B. Somehow the collar is a little short. I made a red fleece one a few years ago, but didn't seem to have that problem with the collar. This fuzzy fabric was a bit stretchy, I did stay stitch around the collar, but something is off. Oh well, I am moving on and not worrying about.

I did make it longer and also forgot to put in pockets...LOL...I will get a few wears out of it. If I really don't like it, it will be my winter back yard BBQ coat. Yep, I am one of those crazies who grills all year round. 2 feet of snow, no problem, I got boots!

No comments:

Post a Comment