Monday, October 15, 2012

Vogue 8539 cont.....

On Friday, I traced the pattern; I went with my high bust measurements. The last time I made a fleece coat, it was way too big and I used this very cheap fabric. I did wear it, but I really didn't like it. It was about two winter's ago. Anyway, I went with the high bust size which was a size 20 and tapered down to the size 22 for the hips. I also lowered the waist about an inch to match my waist level.

Sunday was the day I cut out the garment. Tonight I pressed on the interfacing at the front and collar. I sewed the back darts, front and back shoulders and pressed.

I've decided to sew about 20 to 30 min per night during the week and more on the weekends. Even if it's not actual sewing, I will be pattern fitting, prep and tracing and cutting out. So I won't feel so rushed, plus sewing and my beading are very relaxing. It helps me forget the BS of the work day.

I am not to happy with the front interfacing, I got some puckering, but I am hoping that it will press out when I am done.

Oh...this calls for snaps, I have large silver ones, but I think that I'd prefer black against the navy fabric...

Happy sewing....



No comments:

Post a Comment