Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Jalie 2449 follow-up

when i cut my first one, it was for the largest size that was included, size AA. i made it yesterday, only made two alterations, the armeye. i added 1" to the sleeve and lowered the armeye by one 1". sewed up ok. disliked how the back neck part was just a fold down. it did look like the pattern.

only issue was with the shoulders, they were about 1", maybe more, too wide and the sleeve was still somewhat tight, even though i used a very stretchy ugly knit. i had problems with the front, that was because i was wearing a bad bra. i tried on again with my "good" bra and the front fit much better, with little or no gapping in the front.

i re-traced the shoulders, back neck and the front to the size Y, will cut it out today and sew it up to check for fit.

all in all this pattern fit in hip and it the waist.

will post the first one as soon as i can figure out how to use the flash on my camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment